Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 1

I talked with a few people from my church yesterday about joining me on this voyage and some were like how can I get something out of it. Are you just reading it just to read it? It made me think a little. I can see why they would think that. I just finished reading day on that covers Gen. 1:1-Gen16:16. It is a lot!! I am taking what I read and seeking out answers through commentaries and other believers in Christ to help understand the things that I don't. I am also putting down some of the interesting facts that stood out to me. The key is for you to seek answers for the scripture that you do not understand. I love reading about Noah and how strong his faith was in God. How he stayed so faithful to God in what had to be a scary time. My desire is to increase my knowledge of my God and share it with those I come in contact with. For my brothers and sisters that are doing this as well, I encourage you to keep on. I look forward to hearing from you and what God is showing you through His wonderful word.

I also realize that this much reading is not for everyone. If you are interested in another reading schedule, my brother and friend Eric Smith, pastor at Curve Baptist,  is using one from George H. Guthrie called "Read the Bible for Life" with his congregation. You can find it online or look at Bro. Eric's facebook. (Eric, I hope you don't mind me using your name)

May God bless you in this new year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment