Monday, January 23, 2012

day 14 - 15

Ok... I just finished the book of deuteronomy. I found all of the different laws interesting. I look at the Lords commands and realize that He is a great God. I know I got off but will try to read 2 sections a day to get back on spot.

Today has been a weird day. Made it to the gym, normal day at school and then ball practice. Came home and played with the kids. I was the bad pony today. The rode on my back for 30 minutes. I thought I had a hard workout this morning!!! lol...

I do have to share this... Over the past few weeks I have come to realize how blessed I am and my family is. One of the great blessings of my jobs is to interact with young people. Sometimes I forget that not everyone has the same things. I visited a kid a few weeks ago and in their living room was only couch cushions and another one told me about how they struggle to have food on the table. MY heart just broke and I became mad at myself because I complain about not going to taco bell or McD's. How sad is that!? I desire to bring my kids up to realize that having everything you want is not that important. When we take for granted that everyone is on the same level we lose out on loving people. I challenge you and myself to see people where they are not where you are. God put us here to serve each other and I pray that I will be aware to the times that I get to help others. God bless and I hope you have a wonderful week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment